1. In many countries, more and more men are staying at home to look after their children when women work full-time. What are the reasons? Is it a positive or negative development?
2. It has been said that people who read for pleasure can have more developed imaginations and better language skills than people who prefer to watch TV. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
3. Some young people commit serious crimes, such as robbery or violent attacks, some people think they should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Children today are difficult to concentrate or pay attention in schools. Why do you think causes this problem? What do we need to do to solve this problem?
5. Some people think health care should be free for everyone, while others think they should pay medical costs for themselves. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
6. In many countries, women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first month after the birth of their baby. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
7. In some countries old people are highly valued, while in some cultures young people are highly valued. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. In modern life it is unnecessary to teach children the skill of handwriting. Do you agree or disagree?
9. We should return to traditional and older values of respect for family and community. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. The most important thing of people's life is his or her work. Without a satisfying career, the life is meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Some people believe young people should be free to choose his or her job, but others think they should be realistic and think about their future. Discuss and give your opinion.
12. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience.
13. Some people think a rise in standard of living in a country only seems to benefit cities more than rural areas. What problems may those differences cause? How to reduce this problem?
14. As part of education, students should spend a period of time studying and living in a different country to learn language and culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. In some countries, the government has tried to reduce traffic. For instance, they imposed a congestion tax during the rush hour. Do you think this development is positive or negative?